This month, I’ve decided I’m going to get a little more organized with my blog. I recently read a post about planning blog content , and it inspired me to attempt this more organized approach.
As you may or may not have read on my about me page, I’m not very good at the whole “organized blog thing.” I’ve tried keeping organized blogs dedicated to specific content in the past and it simply hasn’t worked for me. I like being able to write about whatever I want without being tied to a theme like yoga, fiction writing, blogging, or working. I like to write about all the things.
I do feel like I have favorite topics, though, and I think that I can find some organization and consistency within those topics.
So here’s my plan for organization:
- Make a list of my favorite topics (aka, most blogged about topics).
- Brainstorm new blog posts based on those topics (maybe one post for each topic ever week…? Month…?
- Decide on a new posting schedule.
- Write blog posts.
- Organize them into my posting schedule (I like to write all my blog posts ahead of time so they’re put together and ready to go way in advance).
- Update my personal calendar with my posting schedule and special notes that tell me whether or not the blog post is ready to go, or still needs work.
That’s the plan at least. We’ll see how it actually plays out. I am excited to give it a try though. My hope is that this plan improves my experience as a blogger. But if I find it makes things worse or more difficult or whatever, then I fully intend to abandon ship.
Wish me luck!
Do you have an organized method to your blogging madness? Got any tips to share? I’d love to hear them! Hit me up in the comments below 🙂